Top 10 Fairy House Garden Kits for Creative Kids
As a parent, you want to encourage your child’s creativity and imagination. What better way than by giving them a magical project like designing their own fairy garden? Fairy house garden kits provide an engaging activity for children to create a miniature world for their imaginary fairy friends. With a variety of kits available at different price points, you can find one suitable for any budget. This article reviews 10 of the highest quality fairy house garden kits for creative kids that will spark their artistic talents. Your child will enjoy hours of entertainment planning, crafting, and playing in their new fairy domain. And you’ll love seeing their growing sense of wonder and pride in their creation. A fairy garden kit is the perfect gift for a budding young artist or any child who still believes in a bit of magic.
What Are Fairy House Garden Kits?
Fairy house garden kits provide children with an engaging outdoor activity that sparks creativity. These kits typically contain natural materials along with accessories to design and build miniature houses for fairies and their woodland friends.
Fairy house garden kits contain:
- Natural materials: Small sticks, bark, stones, shells, moss, and leaves for constructing the basic structure and decorating the house. These nature-inspired materials inspire imagination.
- Accessories: Things like doors, windows, furniture, signs, and figurines to personalize the fairy house. These details bring the miniature house to life and fuel storytelling.
- Instructions: Most kits provide directions or inspiration for how to assemble the pieces into a basic house shape. However, the final design is up to the child’s creativity.
- Optional add-ons: Some kits offer extras like paint, glitter, string, or wire to provide more ways for kids to customize their fairy house.
Building a fairy house garden kit provides many benefits for children:
- Creative expression. Kids can design a house however they like using the provided materials and their own imagination.
- Problem-solving skills. Figuring out how to construct and decorate the house helps children develop skills like planning, experimenting, and adapting to challenges.
- Connecting with nature. Using natural materials fosters an appreciation for nature and the outdoors.
- Imaginative play. A miniature fairy house invites children to create stories and act out adventures with fairies, gnomes or other woodland creatures.
- Sense of accomplishment. Completing their own fairy house gives kids a feeling of pride in their creation.
With the right kit and an opportunity to build, children can craft a magical fairy house garden and enjoy hours of creative outdoor play.
Benefits of Fairy Gardens for Kid’s Imagination and Creativity
Fairy gardens inspire creativity in children by encouraging imaginative and open-ended play.
Develops Problem-Solving Skills
Assembling a fairy garden kit helps children develop important problem-solving skills. Following the instructions step-by-step teaches logical reasoning and the ability to figure out solutions. Kids can experiment with different layouts and placements of the pieces to create their own unique design. This process stimulates cognitive growth and the ability to overcome obstacles in a constructive way.
Sparks an Interest in Nature
A fairy garden ignites a child’s curiosity about nature by incorporating natural elements like stones, shells, moss, and succulents. Kids can learn how to properly care for live plants and understand how environments support growth. Watching their garden come to life over weeks and months helps establish an appreciation for nature that can last a lifetime.
Encourages Imaginative Play
A fairy garden provides an open canvas for imaginative play. Children can create little scenes using the pieces in the kit and any extra accessories they choose to add. They may build houses for the fairies, a pond or waterfall feature, or incorporate figurines of animals and insects. This unstructured play boosts creativity, storytelling skills, and the ability to see beyond the literal.
With the many benefits of building a fairy garden, it’s an activity that stimulates a child’s development in a fun and whimsical way. By following their imagination, kids can learn and grow in a nurturing environment they help create. A fairy garden kit gives children an opportunity to build a magical world of their own.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Fairy House Kit
When choosing a fairy house garden kit for kids, there are several factors to consider:
Select a kit that is suitable for your child’s age and skill level. Kits for younger kids will have larger, easier to handle pieces, while kits for teens may require more complex assembly. Look for the recommended age range on the product packaging to determine if it’s right for your child.
Fairy house kits come in a variety of materials, from natural materials like wood, bark and stones to craft materials such as felt, cardboard and popsicle sticks. Consider your child’s interests and how durable the materials need to be for outdoor use. Natural materials tend to last longer outdoors but may require more complex assembly. Craft materials are easier to put together but won’t withstand the elements as well.
From whimsical mushroom cottages to rustic log cabins, there are many fairy house designs to spark your child’s imagination. Look for a kit that matches your child’s unique sense of style and the theme of your garden. A nature-inspired design with natural materials may blend into an outdoor wooded area. A colorful felt or cardboard kit could be ideal for a flower fairy garden.
Many kits come with extras to help bring the fairy scene to life, such as fairy figurines, signs, walkways and garden decor. These added accessories encourage imaginative, open-ended play and storytelling. Look for a kit with additional pieces to increase the play value, especially for younger kids.
By considering factors such as your child’s age, the materials, design style and additional accessories included in the kit, you’ll be able to find a fairy house garden set that sparks their creativity and sense of wonder. With the right kit, your child will enjoy hours of imaginative outdoor play building a magical tiny home for fairies and other mystical creatures.
Top 10 Fairy Garden Kits for Kids
When choosing a fairy garden kit for creative kids, several factors are important to consider to find the perfect option. The following 10 kits provide an ideal introduction to gardening and imaginative outdoor play.
4. Top 10 Fairy Garden Kits for Kids
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Fairy Garden: This kit includes fairy figurines, garden decor, seeds and a decorative trug for planting. It teaches gardening skills in a whimsical way. Everything a child needs to design their own enchanted fairy retreat.
- KidKraft Fairy Garden Cottage: A cute wooden cottage playset with furniture and accessories to spark imaginative play. Sturdy, attractive and sized for little hands. Add plants, stones and other embellishments to create a complete fairy habitat.
- Fairy Gardening: Home Adventure Set: A starter kit with a storybook to inspire kids. It contains natural materials like stones, pebbles and wood pieces for paths and structures. Seeds for flowers like snapdragons, petunias and daisies attract fairy folk. An ideal set for beginners.
- PlayMonster Daisy’s Treehouse Fairy Garden: Includes a decorated wooden treehouse, vinyl fairy dolls, stickers and garden decor. Just add potting mix, plants and small stones to craft an enchanted fairy haven. Sturdy, decorative and fosters imaginative, open-ended play.
- Playz Fairy Garden Accessory Set: A collection of miniscule furnishings, gardening tools and fairy figures molded from durable plastic. Perfect for any fairy garden kit or to supplement an existing miniature landscape. Lifelike details captivate young minds.
The remaining kits offer a variety of materials, decorations and play opportunities to spark any child’s creativity. With the right kit, gardening and imaginative play come together in a magical experience for kids. Select a kit based on your child’s age, skills and interests to find an option as unique as they are. A fairy garden adventure awaits!
FAIRY GARDEN KITS With Accessories Like Figurines and Plants
For children with an active imagination, fairy garden kits provide an engaging outdoor activity. These kits typically include accessories to create an enchanting little space for fairies and gnomes to inhabit. Some of the best options for kids include:
Fairy Garden Kit by Kids Pretend Play
This kit features colorful flowers, a trellis, wheelbarrow, watering can, fence, and gate to design a whimsical fairy retreat. It also includes six poseable fairy and gnome figurines for imaginative play. All pieces are made of durable, weather-resistant polyresin and plastic. This kit inspires creativity by allowing children to arrange the pieces however they like.
Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Fairy Garden Kit
This highly-rated kit provides natural elements like stones, moss, and bark to create a realistic woodland fairy habitat. It includes figurines of fairies, squirrels, rabbits, and birds that can be positioned around the garden. Kids will enjoy using the included shovel, rake, and watering can to tend to their fairy garden. Everything stores neatly in the kit’s wooden crate when playtime is over.
Fairy Garden Decorations by Hommie
For children interested in a DIY fairy garden, this kit provides the accessories without the planting elements. It features a gazebo, wheelbarrow, lanterns, fences, gates, and 15 fairy figurines. The neutral-colored accessories pair well with any plants, stones, or other natural elements children collect to create their garden. This kit sparks imaginative, open-ended play.
Other noteworthy kits include the Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Fold & Go Fairy House, the Battat Magical Fairy Miniature Garden Kit, and the Creativity Street Magical Fairy Garden Kit. These kits provide a delightful opportunity for children to design their own miniature world while engaging in imaginative play. The variety of plants, stones, structures and figurines lets each child create a unique fairy habitat that reflects their creativity. Building a fairy garden is an activity the whole family can enjoy together.
Budget-Friendly and Eco-Conscious FAIRY HOUSE KITS
The best fairy house garden kits for kids offer an enjoyable, hands-on experience for children to explore their creativity in an eco-friendly way. Some budget-friendly options include:
Melissa & Doug Wooden Fairy Garden Cottage
This whimsical fairy house by Melissa & Doug is made from durable wood and fabric components, allowing children to arrange the pieces in different configurations. It includes furniture, characters, and decorative items to spark imaginative fairy-themed play. The materials are high-quality but affordable, making this a great starter kit for budding fairy gardeners.
Mini Fairy Garden Kit by Craftivity Store
This compact kit provides the essentials for a mini fairy garden at a low cost. It comes with pebbles, succulents, a small watering can, garden signs, and seating for fairies. Children can arrange the pieces on a tray or in a shallow planter. The simplistic nature of this kit allows for open-ended creativity. Additional figurines, plants, and decor can be added over time to expand the fairy garden.
Enchantmints Fairy Garden Kit
Enchantmints offers an organic, eco-friendly fairy garden kit made from natural materials like moss, twigs, and stones. The kit includes two potted succulents, a watering can, garden stakes, and seating for fairies. The use of natural elements fosters an appreciation for nature while allowing children to create an enchanted fairy habitat. All materials are sustainably and ethically sourced.
Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Fairy Garden
For fairy gardeners on a tight budget, the Sunny Patch fairy garden kit by Melissa & Doug provides good value. It includes two potted plants, a fairy figurine, a watering can, garden stakes, and decorative stones to get started. Children can use materials from their backyard like leaves, twigs, and pebbles to supplement the kit. The small size makes it suitable for limited spaces but still allows for imaginative play. This kit sparks an interest in gardening and the natural world at an affordable price point.
Tips for Setting Up Your FAIRY GARDEN With Your Child
When setting up a fairy garden with your child, there are a few tips to keep in mind for the best experience:
Choose a Theme
Work with your child to determine an overall theme or style for the fairy garden before purchasing supplies. Some options include:
- Whimsical forest
- Enchanted meadow
- Mystical mushroom patch
- Seashore hideaway
Selecting a cohesive theme will make it easier to choose complementary plants, decorations, miniatures, and accessories.
Find the Perfect Container
Look for a container with drainage holes that suits your theme. Possibilities include:
- Decorated planter pots
- Old watering cans
- Bird baths
The container should be large enough to hold the plants and decorations you want to include. You may need to drill extra drainage holes in the bottom.
Choose Small Plants
Select petite plants, mosses, succulents, herbs and flowers that will thrive in your climate. Some ideal options for fairy gardens include:
•Thyme •Chamomile •Lavender •Moss •Sedum •Sempervivum •Iris
These plants have delicate leaves and flowers perfect for a miniature garden. They also release pleasant fragrances that can enhance the experience.
Add Miniatures and Decor
Include small decorations and miniatures, such as:
- Pathways or stepping stones
- Fairy doors or houses
- Garden tools
- Garden critters like frogs, birds, bunnies, etc.
Choose a color palette that complements your theme and plants for a cohesive look. Let your child be creative in arranging all the details in their garden!
Following these tips will help you and your child work together to create an enchanting miniature fairy garden that can be enjoyed for years to come. Most of all, have fun with the process!
Fun Activities to Do in Your Miniature FAIRY GARDEN
Once you have created your miniature fairy garden, there are many enjoyable activities you and any children can do to bring the garden to life.
Build Fairy Houses
Constructing tiny houses for the fairies to live in is an imaginative craft project. Provide natural materials like twigs, bark, leaves, stones, and moss for the children to assemble into small structures. Supply tools such as wire or twine to securely join the pieces together. Place the finished houses around the garden for the fairies to discover.
Create Fairy Furniture
Tiny furniture, such as beds, tables, and chairs help make the fairy houses feel more realistic. Children can fashion furniture from materials like small stones, nuts, twine, fabric, and wire. For example, a flat stone could become a table, a walnut shell might be transformed into an armchair, and twine wound around a stick could form the frame of a bed. Arrange the handcrafted furniture inside the fairy houses.
Plant a Mini Vegetable Garden
Plant a small vegetable patch for the fairies to tend. Choose quick-growing vegetables with small fruits like radishes, lettuce, carrots, beans or strawberries. As the vegetables grow, the children can pretend to be fairies harvesting and enjoying the produce. Add tiny gardening tools, baskets, and wheelbarrows to increase the realism.
Leave Notes and Gifts
Children will delight in corresponding with the fairies by leaving handwritten notes, poems, stories or small gifts around the garden. In turn, parents can compose notes from the fairies in response. This activity sparks imagination and brings a sense of magic to the fairy garden.
Create Fairy Clothing and Accessories
Using fabric, felt, string, and other craft supplies, design miniature fairy outfits, shoes, jewelry, wands, and other accessories. Place the clothing and accessories in the garden for the fairies to discover. This encourages children to visualize what the fairies might look like.
With a little creativity, a fairy garden can become an enchanting space for make-believe and whimsical play. Engaging in activities to bring the garden to life cultivates children’s imaginations and sense of wonder.
FAQ About FAIRIES FOR THE GARDEN and Fairy Gardens
FAQs About FAIRIES FOR THE GARDEN and Fairy Gardens
Fairy gardens are miniature gardens that create a whimsical space for fairies and their friends. They have become increasingly popular, especially with children and gardening enthusiasts. If you’re thinking of creating a fairy garden, here are some frequently asked questions and answers to help get you started.
What plants work well in a fairy garden?
Plants that stay fairly small and compact are ideal for fairy gardens. Some excellent options include:
- Succulents like sedum, echeveria or crassula. These plants come in a variety of colors and textures but stay small and are easy to care for.
- Herbs such as thyme, oregano, chives or mint. Herbs give off a wonderful fragrance that fairies and their friends are sure to love.
- Small ferns such as maidenhair or button ferns. Ferns add a whimsical, woodsy feel.
- Moss, lichen and small flowers like lobelia, alyssum or dwarf snapdragons. These help give color and life to your garden.
What accessories or decorations should I include?
To help bring your fairy garden to life, include small accessories like:
- A small fairy house for the fairies to live in. You can find many DIY kits for making your own or purchase pre-made houses.
- Walkways, benches or other garden decor made from small stones, tiles or wood pieces. Fairies will need places to sit and paths to walk on.
- Miniature garden creatures like frogs, bunnies, birds or ladybugs. Fairies love the company of other friendly woodland animals.
- Small lanterns or string lights. Fairies are most active at night, so lighting will make your garden inviting after dark.
How should I maintain my fairy garden?
To keep your fairy garden looking its best:
- Water the garden regularly and fertilize during the growing season. Even though the garden is small, the plants still have needs.
- Prune any dead or dying foliage to promote new growth.
- Repot if plants become too large or root bound. You want plants to stay in scale with the rest of the garden.
- Add new accessories or rearrange existing ones to keep things interesting. Fairies love whimsy and change.
- Consider adding different plants or garden themes each season to provide year-round interest.
A well-designed and lovingly tended fairy garden will attract fairies from near and far. With the proper care and accessories, your garden is sure to be a magical place that ignites creativity and wonder in all who see it.
Come On Let’s Do It
As you can see, there are many wonderful fairy house garden kits available for creative kids. With options ranging from simple starter kits to intricate multi-level fairy mansions, children of all ages can design magical outdoor spaces for imaginary friends. By following the instructions and adding personal touches with natural materials found in the garden or craft supplies, kids will gain a sense of pride and accomplishment in creating special places for fairies to call home. Fairy gardens also provide opportunities for children to get outside and engage with nature through creative free play. With the variety of kits featured here, you’re sure to find an enchanting project to delight a special child in your life.